DriverGenius USB232RAC | USB-C to RS232 DB9 Serial Converter Adapter
The DriverGenius USB232RAC USB 2.0 to serial adapter lets you connect your USB-C devices to your legacy serial equipment. It converts a USB-C port on your laptop or computer into an RS232 DB9 serial port with COM port retention. This gives you a cost-saving and convenient way to connect to serial devices such as point-of-sale terminals, serial modems, industrial equipment, and a wide variety of other RS232 peripherals.
The RS232 adapter cable is compatible with Windows 10, macOS 10.15 and Ubuntu 19.109, which makes it easy to integrate into mixed environments.
A time-saving and convenient USB/serial solution, the adapter retains assigned serial COM port values in nonvolatile memory, allowing the same values to automatically be re-assigned to the adapter serial port if disconnected and reconnected, or disconnected from one USB port and installed in another.
- Perfect for IT Administrators looking to add legacy functionality to newer notebooks, PCs and servers that lack an integrated RS232 port.
- Connect, monitor and control industrial/automotive sensors and equipment.
- Connect a satellite receiver, serial modem, or PDA with serial sync
- Connect and program LED and digital signage boards with serial communication ports.
- USB-Powered - No External Power Adapter Required
- USB-C to straight-through RS232 /DB9 /Serial adapter
- High-speed 921.6Kbps Baud Rate
- Connector Type(s): 1 - USB Type-C (24-pin) USB 2.0 (480Mbps) Male | 1 - DB-9 (9 pin, D-Sub) Male
- Compatible with Windows 7, 8.1, 10 | Mac OS 10.11 and 10.15 | Linux 2.6.x to 4.4.x LTS Versions only
We use the VTOP USB C to Serial RS232 DB9 Adapter - USB232RAC. This product is very reliable. So far we had no compliants about this specific adapter. For us it's a 100% suitable product.