DriverGenius CUG025 / CUG3125 are compliant with 2.5G IEEE802.3bz ( 2.5GBASE-T)
I - Driver updating
Older versions of Windows, Linux, and macOS may require a driver download for the adapter to function. Older macOS versions have limited functionality (1Gbps link rate) until the driver is updated through separate install.
Not compatible with
- ARM-based Windows RT and Windows Mobile
- Most Android devices, TiVo Series 2, Wii, or other non-PC/Mac platforms
- Nintendo Switch
- Microsoft Windows 10, 8.x, and 7
- macOS 10.7 and above
- Linux kernel 3.2 and above (basic support, install driver or update to 5.x kernel for full support)
- Not recommended for use with FreeBSD or pfSense
II - Internet Service Provider (ISP)
When accessing sites on the internet, the bandwidth provided by your Internet service provider (ISP) will likely determine your ultimate speeds. However you can use iperf tool have an actual test.
III - Hardware Device Choice
a. USB Hub
* The USB1.1 speed is up to 12 Mbps.
* The USB 2.0 speed is up to 480 Mbps.
b. Network Cable
To realize 2.5Gbps data speed, please use CAT6A or above Ethernet cable, for example Reference Document)
- CAT 5 - 100Base-T
- CAT 5e - 1000Bast-T
- CAT 6 - 1000Bast-T
- CAT 6A/7/7a - 10GBast-T
c. Other Network Devices, which meets IEEE 802.3bz Standard
- Network Router
- Network Switch