Ubuntu desktop is updated to 19.10. We made a test it with the V.TOP Usb Video Grabber (Model No.: AVC03M-C-U).
1. Download ubuntu-19.10-desktop-amd64.iso from https://ubuntu.com/
2. Install the Ubuntu 19.10 on Aspire 4830TG. (***Strongly suggest to use higher hardware configuration.)
3. Get preparation to install OBS according to OBS Install Instructions.
OpenGL 3.2 or later is required to use OBS Studio on Linux.
xserver-xorg version 1.18.4 or newer is recommended to avoid potential performance issues with certain features in OBS, such as the fullscreen projector.
- FFmpeg is required. If you do not have the FFmpeg installed
4. Install OBS with instructed commands.
- sudo add-apt-repository ppa:obsproject/obs-studio
- sudo apt-get update
- sudo apt-get install obs-studio
5. Connect USB-Video-Grabber with Device via RCA Cable and Ubuntu OS through the USB2.0 port.
6. Verify the Ubuntu 19.10 can read the hardware. [ important]
7. Launch the OBS Studio 24.0.3. and Make necessary settings before starting the video recording. The operation is similar with that of on the macOS 10.15.3.